Here’s a way Teg Griggs is recreating Ribbit Mobile:
I think I've recovered the key functionality: Call from home phone with mobile number, voice to text voicemail transcriptions, and softphone.
Here's what I did:
- Subscribed to Skype unlimited nationwide calling for $2.99 a month (+15% discount if you buy for a year).
- Changed the outbound caller-id to my cell phone (SMS verification required).
- Got a Skype In number ($60/year - 50% discount = $30).
- Purchased Connect Me Skype ATA ($50 - $2 Skype Out Credit = $48) - http://www.freetalkconnect.com/me/
- Got a Google Voice Number.
- Added my Skype In number as the number to forward to (call back verification)
- Added my Mobile Phone and set it to receive Voice-to-text voicemail as SMS (call back verification)
- Turned off forwarding to my Mobile Phone from Google Voice
- Forwarded my mobile phone's conditional call forwarding to the Google Voice Number
Ta da! Ribbit Mobile using two fully supported voice services!
Let us all know how it works Ted!